Thursday, May 14, 2015

"New" Bobby Sherman Movie


I have an article coming out in the next issue of The Charlton Arrow about Bobby Sherman. I thought I was familiar with all the twists and turns of his career but here's one that somehow escaped my notice for the last 40 years. HE IS MY BROTHER. Described as the story of two shipwrecked siblings (Bobby and Robbie--Cousin Oliver--Rist) who get caught up in the struggle between a witch doctor and a priest (Keenan Wynn) in a leper colony in Hawaii. Seems forgettable on all counts until you realize you can't just write it off. Why? Because the director was Edward Dmytryk, the man who also brought us THE CAINE MUTINY, MURDER MY SWEET, THE YOUNG LIONS and a dozen other well-known (if not classic) flicks! Wow. I hate it when I miss something for decades!!

No comments:

Post a Comment